MBA is one of the most sought-after post-graduation degrees. The US has many top universities and institutes offering MBA programs. So, students from all over the globe apply for admission to these programs.
Students who postgraduate from these institutes acquire the best industry skills and knowledge. They thus turn into top corporate professionals. That’s why working professionals and even fresh graduates apply for MBA programs in the US.
Why MBA from the US?
MBA programs in the US have outstanding credentials. The US has some of the best universities offering MBA programs with top-quality facilities and infrastructure. Undergoing an MBA program requires a great deal of hard work, training, and networking. Since students apply from all around the world for MBA from the US, the institutes have a great diversity of applicants. The more variety of students, the better peer learning and growth.
Eligibility Criteria For International Students For MBA From The US
Since an MBA is a postgraduate degree, it undertakes candidates who have completed their graduation. The applicant can have graduation in any stream for a full-time MBA program. Most top universities and institutes offering MBAs check your work experience. You’ll need at least 2-3 years of work-ex to qualify for any MBA program. They can have work experience in any field and domain. An MBA promotes diversity in its program, so students from all streams are welcome to pursue an MBA.
Universities like the Academy of Mid Florida intake international students who have graduated and applied for admission. Students must have graduated from an institute equivalent to US secondary education. Following are some of the admission requirements:
- Foreign applicants must present their original credentials including diploma and degree transcript.
- The transcripts and the other official documents of the candidate from foreign countries must be professionally translated. It should be certified by a service to be equivalent to US high school or diploma.
- Applicants whose cumulative grade point average (CGPA) are 2.5 or above on a scale of 4 are eligible for admission.
- International students need a linguistic certification from a professional foreign credential evaluation agency for the English language. [NOTE: We accept language evaluations from any agency that is an active member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services].
- All official documents of the candidate in a language other than English must be translated for full consideration.
- Applicants must submit all official documents of undergraduate and other institutes attended.
Exams To Clear By International Students To Qualify For B- Schools In The US
Most US universities and institutes offering MBA programs require specific eligibility criteria to intake students. International students must take particular exams to get admission to the MBA course. These exams include the following:
The GMAT exams test students’ English, aptitude, and reasoning ability. At the same time, TOEFL and IELTS are language exams to check proficiency in the English language. A score of 100 in TOEFL or 6.5 out of 10 in IELTS is sufficient to get admission.
A minimum of 2-3 years of work experience is required to get into US b-schools. A few good B-schools also offer admission to freshers for their MBA program. If you wish to pursue online MBA in the US, there are also many institutes like the Academy of Mid Florida that do not require you to give the above examinations as well.
Students must regularly check and apply when admission opens for b-schools in the US. Once they complete all the requirements of documents and eligibility criteria, a final interview will occur. International students applying must complete the interview with the admission panelist. Once the interview with the panel is cleared, students are welcome for a postgraduate program in Business administration.